Each day, athletes have to choose 3 pieces. 2 have to come from the same principle.
This still allows for a day of training, any day each athlete chooses, to skip supplemental training.
Choose 3 pieces, 4 days a week:
15×2 Seated Box Jumps @12-14″ seat to 24″-40″ height
DU Flight Simulator 5UB-10UB-15UB-20UB-25UB-30UB-Back Down (modification is to find total repetitions and perform total for time)
10 x5 Down -5 Back -10 Down-10 Back yard Suicide Sprints 1:1
10:00 AMRAP x10 foot Agility Ladder Repetitions 4 Count Foot Work
20×3 Strict HSPU Every :30 (after first failure to meet intervals, complete repetitions for time.)
8×14 GHDSU Hold & Bench Press with 30/20 Slam Ball
x50 L Pull-Ups (modify to tuck position)
7×20 Make Shift Reverse Hyper Using GHD Machine
7x 7 Double KB Bent Over Row @53/35 +5 Double KBRDL Superset
7×10 Down-10 Back -10 Down yard Prowler High Handle @180/110
7×3+5 Double KB Clean x3 + Split Jerk x5
400M Sled Pull @90/50
Workout of the Day
AMRAP 31 minutes (As Many Reps As Possible)
8 Thrusters (155/105#)
6 Rope Climbs (15 ft. ascent)
11 Box Jumps (30/24″)
This is a Partner WOD – Partner #1 will perform the work listed above. Partner #2 will run 400m with a sandbag (45/25). Once Partner #2 returns from the run, Partner #1 will grab the sandbag and begin their 400m, while Partner #2 continues work wherever #1 left off.
Score is your total # of reps
This WOD was created specifically to honor the 30 men and one dog that gave their lives for our country on August 6, 2011. It is 31 minutes long—one minute in remembrance of each hero. The rep scheme is 8-6-11—the date of their ultimate sacrifice. Finally, this is a partner WOD. The men who gave their lives were from multiple branches of our military, working together as a team. In the workout you and your team member will constantly be taking the load from each other providing much needed support and relief. We realize that no physical sacrifice made during a workout can come close to the sacrifice our brave heroes made, but we consider this WOD a CrossFitters “moment of silence.” This is how we can honor those that gave all in the name of freedom.
August 2nd, Crossfit Oceana will be participating in the 31 Heroes WOD at Crossfit Waterside.
But if you can’t make it out, Oceana will be running 1 WOD @ 9a.m. with child care.
EVERYONE IS INVITED TO ATTEND THIS CLASS
WORK OUT OF THE DAY
2 HBBS @ 85% run 200M
2 HBBS @ 85% 20 T2B
2 HBBS @ 85%
BBE (best beets ever)
2 beets peel and cut into bite size chunks (2 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt (to taste)
Onion & garlic powder (to taste)
Tablespoon fresh rosemary
Pinch of mint leaves
Mix in glass baking pan bake 375 until softened (25 minutes+)
WORK OUT OF THE DAY
5 rounds of
6 push Jerks @185/125
9 over the box jumps @ 24/20
12 ring dips
(20 minute time cap) have fun!
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves
- 2 pieces of thinly sliced turkey (I used Applegate Farms brand)
- 2 pieces of thinly sliced ham (again, I used Applegate Farms brand)
- 2 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayo or homemade chipotle mayo
- a few thin slices of red onion (this is totally up to you how much you use)
- ¼ avocado, thinly sliced
- Place 2 butter leaves on top of each other. Then top with turkey, ham, mayo, red onion and avocado.
- Repeat with other butter leaves.
- WOD to earn the dessert
WORK OUT OF THE DAY
Start @ 115/75
perform 1 rep every minute increasing by 10# until failure
SHOULDER MOBILITY JUST FOR YOU
- 1 cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Mega Chocolate Chunks (or dark chocolate chips)
- ½ cup cherries, sliced and pitted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, except for chocolate chips and cherries, and mix well. Then fold in chips and cherries.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out a dollop of cookie mix and place on baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart from each other. Makes about 13-15 cookies.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool and then eat em’ up!